Thursday, December 4, 2008

Separate Education Blog

I have been posting everything at http://ruthdemitroff.blogspot.com. For this blog I just reduced the "ruth" part to "r". The great thing about acquiring an unusual last name is there's never a problem with availability.
Now the connectivism course has ended, I've decided to go back and spend more time on the readings and take a stab at the assignments just for the fun of it. I'm also following the blog/twitter/facebook/delicious postings of some key players in the course and see where they go from here. You'll also find some references to what's going on at SCoPE and anywhere else I take a fancy to.
One of my major observations is that the online learning crowd is very inclusive towards anyone who is committed to exploring what is possible and what can be improved. I've spent my adult life in very tall, hierarchial institutions with gatekeepers and a status quo carved in granite. There's only so many hours in the day and only so many days in a lifetime so why not walk through the open gate. I'm Alice in Wonderland sliding down the Rabbit Hole and enjoying the ride.

No comments: